Past results do not guarantee similar outcomes in future cases.
- Cheriff & Fink represented a frozen custard company (the “Good Guys”) that was sued by a neighboring store in a strip mall complex in Westchester County. The neighboring store (the “Bad Guys”) claimed in its lawsuit (a third party claim) against the Good Guys that our client’s lease with the strip mall should be declared void. The Bad Guys also claimed that our clients discriminated against the Bad Guys on the basis of their ethnicity. As a result of this alleged conduct, the Bad Guys sought punitive damages from our client.Through creative lawyering and taking full advantage of the Court’s conferences before referees, Cheriff & Fink properly delayed the depositions of the parties in the lawsuit until after a decision was rendered by the Court that dismissed all claims against the Good Guys. Our client’s legal fees were kept to a minimum with the ultimate result, the dismissal of a lawsuit that could have been very costly to the Good Guys.
- Cheriff & Fink sued a casino in Atlantic City on behalf of a client who fell and injured her back. Our client suffered a fractured vertebra and had to undergo surgery. This action settled for $200,000.00.
- Cheriff & Fink represented a tradesman who was attacked by a dog while he was working in someone’s home. Our client suffered injuries to both of his hands that required stitches and physical therapy. We settled this dog bite case for our client for $100,000.00.
- Our client was injured following an automobile accident that occurred in Chappaqua, NY after the defendant car made a left turn at an intersection. Our client, a school psychologist, suffered a herniated disc, post-traumatic stress as well as trauma induced fibromyalgia. The case settled for $110,000 before a jury was selected.
- Our office recently settled a car accident matter for a client who suffered fractures to his humerus and distal radius. Our client was an internist who entrusted our office to protect his case with Cheriff & Fink because of our reputation in handling these types of matters. We commenced the action in Federal Court. Following a mediation less than a year after the accident ocurred, the action settled for $750,000.00.
- After we selected a jury, we settled this shoulder injury case for $50,000.00. Our client was injured after his car was struck in the middle of the intersection. The other driver claimed that our client had run a red light.
- Before trial, Cheriff & Fink settled a case for our client who suffered a torn meniscus as well as dental injuries for $90,000.00. Our client suffered these injuries in a car accident after the other driver failed to yield the right of way and struck our client’s vehicle at an intersection on the Taconic State Parkway.
- Cheriff & Fink obtained a $125,000.00 verdict at inquest for a young child who was nine at the time of his accident. The young child tripped and fell down stairs because of defective tiles at an apartment building. As a result of the accident, our client suffered a lumbar sprain and after going the emergency room, followed up with treatment by a chiropractor.
- We obtained a $2,500,000.00 inquest verdict on behalf of a client who tripped and fell over a loose carpet in an apartment building. As a result of this accident, our client suffered multiple leg fractures.
- Cheriff & Fink represented a young woman who was attacked by her ex-boyfriend. At inquest, our office obtained a $400,000.00 verdict against the ex-boyfriend. Our client suffered a fractured nose as well as a traumatically caused ganglion cyst that had to be removed by surgery.
- An accident that made the news involving a “Car versus Train” was handled by our office. Although the news reports placed the blame on the driver, our investigation established that the railroad was at fault for this horrific occurrence. Our client suffered multiple fractures including Tibia and Fibula fractures that required surgery. This matter settled for $836,000.00 before jury selection.